The fact about friendships, certain relationships is that not all people coming into our lives will always be there with us. Some are just passing by and will eventually take their leave. It is actually sad to know old friends we used to talk to everyday and after been disconnected common ground is gone and been seperated by time and distance it’s hard to bring back the old days, the closure we used to have. But the times spent with them are truly unforgettable and unchangeable memories tattoed in our hearts. And some, might even be fewer than the ‘some’ in the latter part, are for keeps for the rest of our lives. They are the ones who continuously exert efforts to stay, who genuinely care, who unconditionally love us. These people are difficult to find in our ever changing world but once we know we have seen them never let them go.
In life, friends come and go. Here are 10 signs that it’s time to move on from a friendship:
1. The common ground is gone. Sometimes when whatever brought you together is gone you don’t have any reason to stay friends. If you are friends through school and then you graduate you might not be able to sustain a friendship when the common ground is gone.
2. They’re a toxic friend. If they’re just a bad friend all around, it’s time to move on. You shouldn’t have to wonder if it’s the right choice if they are a toxic person in your life.
3. They’re holding you back. If they are holding you back and keeping you from perusing your goals then it’s time to move on. Your friends should help to elevate you in life, not hold you back.
4. You can’t relate to each other. If you’re not on the same page anymore then it’s time to let the friendship go. If you’re in different places in life and just can’t see where they’re coming from, it’s ok to move on.
5. You can’t trust them. If they’ve betrayed you and you can no longer trust them, then what’s the point in staying friends? You don’t need someone in your life that you can’t trust.
6. You’ve just drifted. Sometimes you drift apart and you can’t quite pinpoint the reason. Don’t worry about questioning it and trying to figure out why. Sometimes in life that just happens. Let it happen naturally.
7. You don’t respect them. If you don’t respect them and the way they act or live their life, then it’s hard to stay friends. You should respect and admire your friends and if you don’t then it’s time to move on.
8. They aren’t who you thought you were. If you’ve gotten to see their true colors after really getting to know them and you don’t like what you see, it’s ok to move on. You don’t have to be committed for life.
9. They’re too needy. You should be there for your friends, but if they are so needy that they are smothering you, it’s ok to take a step back from the friendship.
10. They’re too controlling. If they are trying to run your entire life and control everything you do, it’s time to give the relationship some space and move on. You can make your own decisions in life; you don’t need your friends to do it for you.
You can underestimate me, laugh hard at me, say harsh words about me. But be reminded you can’t bring me down. I am better than you thought.